As if to prove all I said in my previous post about the friendliness of blogland, I am now the very proud owner of a sparkly new award from the very lovely, new to me, blogger - Woody at bake and sew!!
Thank you so much for my award Woody! I love how they depicted me on the picture - so very true to life ;-)
The award comes with a little tag attached, whereby I need to list five addictions. Addictions, moi? Surely not!
Mmm - I suppose I could try. I'm going to play a little game with you though. I need you to spot the one that really isn't me. Those of you who guess the correct one will go into a hat (don't worry, it will be a big hat - either that or I'll just put your names in) and the lucky winner will win some bits and pieces from my stash.
Here goes - my five addictions:
1. Being creative. Whether this is sewing, knitting, crochet, papercrafts, painting, cooking - I have a constant need to make. I get twitchy if I have to go more than a day or so without making or doing - and I'm not nice to live with when I'm starved of craftiness!
2. Nature. I have to get my fix. Whether it's simply listening to woodpeckers as we walk to school or spending time watching the sea, I need to be in touch with the beautiful things that nature provides - I need it as much as air.
3. Our chickens' eggs - they're bloomin' gorgeous! Why did I not know how fantastic homemade eggs are before now?
4. Housework. I love nothing more than to spend time cleaning and tidying my house. Show me a big basket of ironing and I am one very happy woman.
5. My little family. Love 'em - even when they're all driving me to utter distraction.
So there you have it. Now, I'm going to be a big bad rule breaker and not do the award passing on thing - because you know I love all of you and cannot possibly choose for fear of offending! It's yours for the taking :-)
Small bits of craftiness have happened. I've only managed to make two stars from the gorgeous fabrics Angela sent to me, so far. I have another seven cut out but have not had a minute to do them. They're at the top of my list and need to be done, so that I can send them out to Australia.
Other than that, there has been a little bit of sock knitting - oh, and I ran away to my best friend's on Saturday for a girls' night. We went for a delicious Thai meal here - which I can highly recommend - and then settled down with a nice glass (or two) of red and Mamma Mia.
Of course, we talked through the whole film! I wasn't too worried, as I've seen it eight times. We also discussed a very exciting plan. In two years' time, we will have been best friends for forty - that's 40 - yup, you heard me FORTY years!! We've decided that's something that should be celebrated and to mark the occasion we are going to run away together. Or to be more accurate - fly away together. We'd like to have a weekend in a European city - possibly somewhere Scandinavian - not sure. Any tips would be gratefully received!
I'm now going to excuse myself from blogging for a wee while. I have rather a lot going on and need to focus my attentions on family stuff and some stressy report stuff for work.... and, hopefully, more patchworky star stuff
I'll leave you with some floral loveliness - happening right now inside and outside Moog's house.
....and the news, that the man who did this to my home and I are going to be celebrating our first decade of total married bliss (snort!) later this week.....
Bedroom destruction update: old ceiling down. new plasterboard up. plasterer cannot come for another three weeks. mess down to almost bearable level. children still sharing a bed. Minx has decided she wants to share a bed with Monster for ever. anticipated date of bedroom rebuild completion - at least a month from now. ugh.
Take care. Have fun. Back soon.