- I managed to squeeze a little bloggy meet-up into a working day, last week, when I met the very lovely Quiltygal and her equally lovely daugther for coffee and fabric shopping down by the sea. So good to meet you Claire - hope the long trip home went without a hitch!
- One of my colleagues gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, giving me the most perfect excuse to break out the sewing machine and whip up a quilty playmat with all my favourite boyish fabrics...
......including a very sheepy reverse side......
.....and of course I couldn't resist a bit of baby knitting.
- An evening spent with The Girls and a big pot of glue led me to this:
which then led to some soapy action and this:
- Mr Moog received the results of a wrist scan and it's good news. The reason he's been in so much pain since his accident is that he has a fractured wrist!
Good news? Yes, because now he knows the pain wasn't imaginary and it takes us one small step closer to getting the whole thing settled with the insurance company. Still waiting on an appointment to get his befuddled brain looked at and then there'll be open surgery to pin his scaphoid bone back together in his wrist. Nice.
- My poor old Dad is fighting a chest infection and is showing signs of his brian tumour progressing again. Off to see him on Monday.
- Work has been busier of late and has even taken up my beloved Fridays off. Ironically, with three separate reviews being done by the powers that be, there seems to be a pretty good chance that my contract will not be renewed next year. I can feel a crossroads approaching.
- The beasties and I are now off school/work for a very timely half-term break. Chance to kick back, catch up with friends and family, and start to ponder the future.