As luck would have it Gina had posted the next installment of the Colour Sketchbook project. I totally lost myself for over an hour. Who would have thought potato printing would be the perfect antedote to domestic drudgery?
I did seven pages of potato prints in my sketchbook! All still need to be worked into further but once I'd started I just couldn't stop.
I wasn't thrilled with the first prints as the paint was a bit thick and made the echinacea look a bit heavy - this may change once I work into them a bit more with watercolour washes.
However, after stamping all over some scrap paper to clean the paint off my potato stamps I realised I loved the softer, almost ghostlike images that were made once the stamp was less painty.
So, I found a big sketchbook and did a page with softer looking images.
I've even had to keep the scrap of kitchen paper that I cleaned my stamp on!
Just to finish off, and to get the very most out of my potato stamps, I hauled out some Scrapstore cotton for a bit of fabric printing. Not sure what I'll do with this yet but it's ready and waiting for inspiration to strike.
photo taken by Mr Moog when he discovered Merlin looking mournfully out of the front door wondering where his Mummy had gone - my boy loves me :o)
Now, I'm off to furtle about in the loft for holdalls - the Moogs are off for a little break and will be back very soon.
Happy stamping xxx